Victims of crime can seek assistance from various government agencies and community agencies.

Local Resources

  • Orange County District Attorney's Office, Victim and Witness Information

    Provides support for victims of crime during criminal proceedings.

  • HCA Behavioral Health Services (BHS) Supporting Survivors Program

    Short-term program for victims of crime. The services provided include counseling, case management, resources and referrals.

  • Orange County Family Justice Center

    Provides support advocates and services for victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and elder/dependent abuse. Also provides court support and legal assistance.

  • Waymakers, Victim Assistance Programs

    Manages Victim Assistance Programs at all courthouses and law enforcement agencies. They may assist with support services, resources and victim compensation through CalVCP.

  • Waymakers – Your story is safe with us

    Your story is safe with us is a public campaign to educate the public about services available to victims of violent crime and sexual assault in Orange County.

  • Orange County Adult Protective Services (OC Social Services Agency)

    Report suspected elder or dependent adult abuse at 800-451-5155 (24/7 Hotline). The information of the reporting party is confidential.

State Resources

  • California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Office of Victims & Survivor Rights & Services

    Provides victims with criminal case information, notifications, restitution services and resources.

  • California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCP)

    Provides financial and emergency compensation for eligible victims for costs incurred as a result of a qualifying crime. They can reimburse for expenses such as medical, mental health, relocation, residential security, crime scene cleanup, funeral and burial costs.

  • State of California, Office of the Attorney General, Victims’ Services Unit

    Offers crime victims support and information at any stage of the criminal process. They provide information about Marsy’s Law, victim rights, criminal appeals and much more.

Federal Resources

  • The National Center for Victims of Crime

    Provides help to victims of crime via a national help line and has resources available to assist victims. They can also assist victims of crime in finding local assistance.

  • The National Crime Victim Bar Association

    A program affiliate of the National Center for Victims of Crime, assists victims of crime seeking financial compensation for losses through the civil justice system by providing information and referrals to appropriate resources.

  • National Substance Abuse Helpline

    Provides 24/7 confidential information and treatment referrals in English and Spanish. They assist with locating treatment for substance use. They have public information on the risks of substance use. For more information contact them at 800-662-HELP.