Court Hearings

If you request a court hearing to establish or modify the child support payment amount through our office, we may prepare the required documents for a court appearance. Once a court date is determined, you will receive notification, by mail, with the date, time, and location of your scheduled court hearing.  We urge you to prepare for the hearing. Read the information below and be sure to bring the documents listed to court, as this information is needed to determine the child support payment amount(s) for your child(ren).


  • Gather copies of all the documents you will need to bring with you.
  • ARRIVE EARLY. If your hearing is scheduled at 1:30 P.M., arrive at 10:00 A.M.
  • Parking is available in the visitor’s parking area for a fee.
  • Camera phones are not allowed in the building.
  • Check-in on the 5th floor at the table located outside Department L-51.
  • You will have an opportunity to meet with a child support representative to discuss your case.
Bring the Following Items With You When You Come to Court
  • Employer’s name, address and phone number
  • Completed Income and Expense Declaration
COPIES of your...
  • Last three (3) pay stubs
  • Filed tax returns for the past three (3) years
  • Self employed: Schedule C, Profit & Loss Statements, and ALL bank statements (include savings, checking, personal, and business accounts) for the past 12 months
  • Home mortgage billing statement and a copy of your property tax bill
  • Child care expense receipts
  • ALL court documentation pertaining to visitation and custody, and divorce or separation agreements or orders


VERIFICATION, in the form of canceled checks (or the equivalent) of...
  • Health Insurance premiums paid for the current year
  • Payments made in support of other children or spousal support from another relationship


  • Check in with the bailiff when you enter the courtroom.
  • Notify the bailiff if you need an interpreter.
  • You will have the opportunity to address the Commissioner after he/she addresses you.


  • You will receive a copy of the court order in the mail.
  • Do not make payments directly to the other parent, as our office will send a wage assignment to your employer to deduct support payments from your paycheck.
  • If you are not making payments by wage assignment, please mail payments to: 

       State Disbursement Unit P.O. Box 989067  West Sacramento, CA 95798.

        Include your case number with your payment.