My child support order is too low. How can I get it raised?
The LCSA can help you increase the obligation amount of your child support order by employing the following method:

Modification: A court can modify a child support order based on the filing of a motion requesting that it do so. Each case may be reviewed to determine whether an increase or decrease in the child support is justified. A request for Modification Review form can be found under Forms to Download or may be requested by contacting our office. The party seeking to modify must demonstrate to the court that there has been a change of circumstances warranting an upward modification since the child support order was issued. The court will then conduct a hearing and issue a new child support order in accordance with the Child Support Standards Act.
Show all Categories