Can the Tax Collector use the refund dollars from the negative supplemental assessment towards my secured property tax bill?
Yes, you can mail in the County refund check together with the difference applicable to the second installment. However, it is recommended that you deposit our check and make your payment for the full amount of the second installment. If you enclose your check, you need to include a written request to the Tax Collector authorizing the use of the refund dollars for your tax bill payment. This request and the balance of the funds must be postmarked by the USPS by April 10th to avoid penalties on the secured bill.
Show all Categories